DOCTOR of CHIROPRACTIC
Your opinion counts! Please click on the link below to rate Dr. Goldring's care. Thank you!
I had a terrific childhood growing up in Long Island NY. I attended Western Connecticut State University and then moved to Illinois in the early 1990’s where I graduated with multiple degrees from the National University of Health Sciences in 1994. My degrees include:
- Bachelor of Science in Human Biology, Summa Cum Laude, 1992
- Doctorate of Chiropractic – Cum Laude, 1994
My professional path has been long-term relationships including:
- 1992-1995 - Associateship at Downers Grove Sports Medicine in Illinois where I was in charge of patient care and physical rehabilitation. At DGSM, I was awarded the role of “team physician” for two local high schools’ athletic departments. In that role, I supervised pre-season strengthening programs for high school to collegiate athletes as well as attended all games for triage on-site care.
- In 1996 I returned to Connecticut and joined AHP where I continue to treat patients.
- In 2004, I completed a comprehensive training program in whiplash and brain injury traumatology from the Spine Research Institute of San Diego. The training emphasized biomechanics of injury mechanisms, occupant kinematics, automobile crash reconstruction methods for low-speed impacts, and the most recent knowledge of soft tissue, endocrine, bone, and nervous system disorders, advanced diagnostic methodologies, and the comprehensive case management of whiplash and related disorders.
- In 2008, I completed training in acupuncture and began utilizing acupuncture as an adjunct to my physical medicine training. I have seen many positive results utilizing acupuncture for acute pain and chronic injuries with our patients at AHP.
My treatment philosophy is to heal the body by helping to restore normal movement and function. The focus of therapy is not only on the spinal articulations and peripheral joints but on the associated musculature. Restoring normal muscle strength, tone, and length of the affected region is essential in restoring normal mechanics, whether one is treating the neck, the foot, or any region in between.
I encourage patients to participate in daily strengthening programs in order to avoid recurrence of these injuries and to teach patients how to maintain their own health. Working in tandem with AHP’s PT department as well as providing acupuncture services allows me the multi-disciplinary approach I feel is the ideal protocol for pain reduction and rehabilitation. I have always believed that a team approach offers patients the best chance of recovery.
I live with my wife and son in upper Fairfield County where we enjoy gardening, home improvement projects and I’ve even been known to whip up some pretty tasty home-brewed beers throughout the year.
Email Dr. Mullin HERE